Configuring Pega's Calendar Gadget
The Pega 7 platform features a calendar gadget (PegaGadget-CalendarView) which provides Outlook-like overview of events. Though somewhat limited this gadget could be useful as a starting prototype during DCO sessions or even an initial implementation. Let´s show how to configure this specific gadget in PRPC.
The Calendar Gadget can source its data mapping from both a List View as a custom Activity. The former mode is similar to a Report Definition rule, albeit more technical. The latter mode is flexible enough to show virtually any information as event on the calendar; not just meetings or corporate closed dates. Here are the steps to setup a calendar view:
- Navigate to the Section rule called pyCMEvents7 in the Data-Portal class.
- Open the Cell Properties dialog of the Section include inside the second Dynamic Layout.
- Choose a name as will be shown on you Case Worker/Manager portal page.
- Reference a Declare Index class containing your exposed event properties.
- Set the default colors for Primary (with time) and Secondary (all day) events
- In Data Mapping, select List View and its name and point to the Source Page and relevant properties.
- Submit this configuration and make sure you´ve included this gadget on the portal.
Note: It is possible to have multiple Calendar Definitions, although the gadget will only show one at a time depending on the calendar selection in the pull-down menu. [Edgar] (11/28/2016 3:15:43 PM)
@edgarverburgTweets by @edgarverburg
Edgar is a software engineer with experience in TIBCO Middleware and Pega Case Managemement. He holds a master's degree in Computer Science with a specialization in Data Visualization & Computer Graphics.